This course will further develop skills introduced in CAD/Design Engineering 1&2 to produce complete, accurate drawings. Applications to architecture and machine tool drawing will be emphasized. Continued development of board drafting skills and CAD skills will be stressed.
||Content Standard/Skill and Knowledge Statements
||Draw a set of working drawings for a residence and/or complete a series of industrial working drawings.
- Apply appropriate drafting tools to their related task if needed.
- Apply appropriate CAD operations.
- Follow specific architectural processes and procedures.
||Integrate technologies such as word processing and PowerPoint into the design process.
- Understand basic computer operations.
- Demonstrate the design process.
||Use problem-solving strategies to solve design problems.
- Identify problem-solving steps.
- Identify necessary steps to complete problem.
- Analyze best solutions for design problem.
||Explore a minimum of one specialized application, i.e., city planning, landscape architecture, machine tool design, and/or computer application such as a PowerPoint presentation, 3D Studio Viz, or Chief Architect.
- Select media best suited for application.
- Implement design process throughout project.
- Research best architectural/Drafting practices.