This course will further refine skills developed in CAD/Design Engineering 3 & 4 to produce drawings in either architectural or machine tool drafting. Continued development of board drafting skills will be stressed.
||Content Standard/Skill and Knowledge Statements
||Design an architectural presentation drawing and/or an industrial presentation drawing in compliance with specific, identified guidelines.
- Implement architectural/drafting guidelines and codes.
- Understand symbols, codes, and terms related to blueprints and other drawings.
- Understand the design process.
||Exhibit skill and competence in advanced CAD operations.
- Apply appropriate CAD operations.
- Complete drawing within specified time period.
- Measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
||Use problem-solving strategies to solve design problems.
- Identify problem-solving steps.
- Analyze best solutions for design problem.
||Explore an independent study project or presentation model.
- Utilize the Six Traits of Writing.
- Select media best suited for application.
- Implement design process throughout project.